Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
MODULES of WORK – HSAP Level 3
MANDATORY MODULES (8 DAYS off-site training)
- General Health & Safety with sector induction together with Advanced Framing (1) to include:
- Designing Joints
- Fabricating Joints
- Visual Grading of Timber
OPTIONAL MODULES (12 DAYS off-site training) – choose from:
5. CAD Design skills (6 Days)
6. Crane supervisor/Lift supervisor (A62) (2 Days)
7. Safe working at heights, Harness use (1 Day)
8. Tower scaffold PASMA (1 Day)
9. Manual & mechanical handling devices (1 Day)
10. MEWP/IPAF (1 Day)
11. Using CNC (6 Days)
12. Using non-timber components in restoration and traditional timber repairs & replacements in restoration and conservation. (2 Days)
13. Surveying historic timber buildings. (2 Days)
14. Producing scale-drawings and repair schedules (2 Days)
15. Complex roof geometry theory and principles of timber engineering (2 Days)
16. Cutting and assembling complex framing components including hips, valleys, reciprocal, curved components etc. (4 Days)
A total of 20 Days off-site training is required
8 Days of the Mandatory Modules plus another 12 Days chosen from the Optional Modules.
There are 2 general routes through the course; either the Design route or the Heritage route depending on the preferences of the candidate.